Fire up the grill! Our Readers’ Favorites Summertime Cookbook includes 75 flavorful recipes that are sure to kick your barbecues and get-togethers up a notch this summer. Every tasty recipe is Paleo friendly—no grains, gluten, legumes, or soy—and is accompanied by a full-page, mouthwatering, full-color photo. These recipes cover all your summer-eats bases, and include favorites from folks in the Paleo community like Elana Amsterdam, Russ Crandall, Tammy Credicott, Tony Federico, Simone Miller, and Stacy Toth.
Some of the 75 delicious recipes in our Summer Cookbook, include -
- American Lamb Loin Chop BBQ
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Grilled Salmon Salad
- Smoky NY Steaks
- Herbed Beef Skewers
- Plank Grilled Salmon
- Cauliflower & Herb Salad
- Fermented Summer Salsa
- Lao Salad
- Olive Oil & Herb Smashed Potatoes
- Creamy Coconut Cucumber Salad
- Caramelized Banana Coconut Popsicles
- Cherry Lime Ice Cream
- Coconut & Lime Tarts
- Green Tea Avocado Basil Pops
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Pineapple Carrot Smoothie
- Salted Limeade
- Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Watermelon Eclipse
Green Tea Avocado Basil Pops
(Sample recipe from p 124)
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 large ripe avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup white grape juice (or apple juice)
- 3 TBSP lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a mug, pour 8 ounces hot water over a green tea bag. Cover and let it steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bag and place tea in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Once the tea is cooled, transfer it to a food processor or blender. Add the avocado, coconut milk, grape juice, lime juice and zest, basil and salt. Purée until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream pop molds and freeze until solid. Enjoy!
(Sample recipe from p76)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium English cucumber, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, julienned
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2-3 TBSP water
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress, spinach, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, mint and cilantro. Set aside.
- Peel and halve the hard-boiled eggs. Chop the whites into quarters, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the egg yolks roughly with a fork. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, honey and crushed red pepper. Stir until the mixture is smooth and fully combined. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until thinned enough to use as a salad dressing. Drizzle over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, divide salad among serving plates and garnish with the remaining egg whites.